mandag 3. mai 2010

Upcoming projects




I found these two lovely fabrics at the Birkelunden sunday market. The woman who sold it to me told me that she had got them from an old lady who used to be a seamstress, now moving into a retirement home. I'm not sure what to do with them yet, but I'm thinking dresses! Maybe something oriental inspired with the top one and a light summer dress with the other. The green and white fabric is really soft, I think it's some kind of cotton satin. The green and yellow is a bit heavier brocade fabric, so I think it will be good on an evening dress. What do you think?


I'm making this dress for my friend who is not that in to vintage, but she wanted something special and a bit maximalistic. I think it will be cool on her! Pictures will come if she wants to be a model!

1 kommentar:

  1. Så flink du er. Og for et nydelig stoff. Finnes masse insiprerende 40-talls-kjoler som kan gi deg inspirasjon til å bruke stoffet. Denne f.eks:

    http://www.babywit.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/trashy-diva-dotslg.jpg

    SvarSlett